After two whole days of dodging Power spoilers on social media (to all the folk who be watching it on demand bright and early on Saturday and giving a full rundown of the show before the rest of us gets a chance to watch it, y’all are hella lame), I finally got around to watching Episode 2 of the new season.
It goes without saying that this is the worst Ghost has ever been. He’s lost control of everything — his family, his business, and even his overtly petty, backstabbing sideline hoe Angela, the very reason why James is in jail in the first place (she seriously needs to get written off the show Holly-style) — and it’s been pretty heartbreaking to watch. Never have I seen him so helpless. So off his game. So, well, powerless.
Ghost needs to know how much we all care. So I’ve put together a list of care package items that I think would help. Feel free to add anything I’ve missed!
- Bevel shaving system. Ghost is usually very well groomed, but obviously has no way of getting to his barber since he’s still in jail. He needs something that will help him keep looking presentable, which is why the Bevel shaving kit would be the perfect care package item. I don’t think he’d be allowed to use the razor blade, but hopefully he can get away with the clippers.
- Body essentials. You ever see someone who just looks like they smell good? That was James St. Patrick during his pre-prison days. He definitely had great hygiene and seemed like he was big on self care. So I’m sending him some body essentials that will help him feel good and smell good. So far I’ve got Degree men’s deodorant, shampoo, a pack of Oral-B toothbrushes, dental floss, Aquafresh toothpaste, Dove soap, shea butter, and some fresh Hanes draws and T-shirts.
- Mrs. Butterworth syrup. That biscuit Ghost was eating in the last episode looked hella dry, so I’m sure he would appreciate some syrup to go with it next time.
- Snacks. Ghost doesn’t strike me as a snacker, but a lot can change when you’re behind bars. So far I’ve got Swedish fish (I don’t know one Black person who doesn’t like Swedish fish), sunflower seeds, Smart Pop, yogurt pretzels and Better Made barbecue chips.
- Good reads. Since Ghost has a lot of time on his hands now, he’s gonna need some mind-stimulating literature to keep himself occupied. He can start with the Bible (although for some strange reason I feel like he’s more likely to convert to the Muslim faith), and a few other books I think he’d like are Think and Grow Rich, The Alchemist, The Life of Frederick Douglass and The Coldest Winter Ever.
- A notepad. Ghost needs an artistic outlet to express himself, whether it’s writing songs, poetry, a book or a business plan, he needs to get that ish down on paper.
- Jay-Z’s new album. Ghost definitely listens to Jay-Z. They’re both from NY, both were involved in the street life and both are very intelligent businessmen. And also, like Ghost so desperately has been trying to do since this show started, Jay made it out the drug game and became a mogul. So I’m thinking Ghost would really appreciate this new album.
- Multi-vitamins. James looks like he takes his vitamins everyday, so he’s gonna need to maintain some sort of health regimen.
- Games that require logic and focus. As we all know, Ghost is a very strategic thinker and planner. He’s always a few steps ahead of everyone because he looks at things from an aerial view. But since Angela has clearly effed his head and his life up, he needs to do some mental exercises to get him back on track. So I’m sending him a Chess game, some crossword puzzles, a Rubix cube and Mancala.
- Words of encouragement. Ghost is at a very low point right now and needs to be reaffirmed and reminded of who he is. So I am collecting letters from fans who are willing to provide some words of encouragement to James during this time of need. Please email all letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anything y’all think I should add or take out? Let me know cause I plan on shipping this off so he has it by Sunday.