The 2018 GRAMMYs have come and gone, and for the most part, I think everyone who won (in the categories I actually care about, at least) deserved it. Although I strongly believe Jay and SZA got snubbed, I don’t have time to be fake-mad today so, moving right along.
Overall, the GRAMMYs were cool, considering it was the GRAMMYs (I still don’t understand why this event deserves a four-hour time slot — or why/how I allow myself to sit and watch the whole thing every year — but thankfully, Black Twitter kept me thoroughly entertained).
Here are my favorite moments from the show:
1. Kendrick’s awesome, riveting, powerful, thought-provoking masterpiece of an opening performance featuring iTune hackers U2 and the legendary Dave Chapelle.
— DUCKWORTH TDE (@DuckworthTDE) January 29, 2018
2. Watching Blue Ivy the GOAT blatantly shoosh her billionaire, musical-legend parents because clearly she didn’t give either of them permission to clap.
— The Cut (@TheCut) January 29, 2018
3. See above.
4. The glorious celebrity troll-reading of Fire & Fury (Cardi B and Hillary took me clean out).
On the hunt for a GRAMMY Award of his own, James Corden auditions celebrities for the spoken word version of Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury." pic.twitter.com/SjTobAbv2N
— The Late Late of the Uniom (@latelateshow) January 29, 2018
5. Robyn Rihanna Fenty and all her thick, magical goodness dancing joyously on stage during her performance of “Wild Thoughts” with DJ Khaled and Bryson Tiller (peep the caption though LOL!).
When you pull up to Chic Fila drive-thru with manual windows pic.twitter.com/dhUHc1b5NM
— Boyz N The Society™ (@HeadGraphix) January 29, 2018
6. Everything about Janelle Monae.
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) January 29, 2018
7. Bruno Mars and Cardi B’s performance of “Finesse”.
things bruno mars and cardi b did: THAT pic.twitter.com/OjuvlPrp9R
— Romeo (@romebathan) January 29, 2018