For the past week I’ve been vacationing with the fam on the gorgeous island of Maui, Hawaii. And for the past week we’ve been engaging in the following activities:
- Wake up and try to figure out what/where we’re gonna eat.
- Get showered and dressed.
- Go eat.
- Go to the beach.
- Set out on our fun adventure of the day.
- Find somewhere else to eat after completing our fun adventure (like 97 percent of this entire trip consisted of us eating).
- Do some more exploring until somebody suddenly develops a sweet tooth.
- Find somewhere that has good dessert to satisfy said sweet tooth (translation: eat again).
- Head back to our condo and pass out.
One of the main highlights of our trip was traveling the Road to Hana, a historic highway (built in 1900) stretching 64 miles long from a town called Kahului to another town on the eastern side of Maui called — you guessed it! — Hana. The road was super narrow (only one lane each way) with a bunch of ridiculous curves and twists that could have anyone driving off the edge of a cliff in nanoseconds (Bless God for my daddy’s professional driving abilities!). But along the way were some of the most magnificent, serene displays of nature I’ve ever seen, which made the journey so worth it. [Read more…]